Well, I don't really understand the cartoon. I think I wasn't aware of whatever this X thing is, and I have no idea who Ian MacKaye is. The description below the strip definitely doesn't apply to me. I don't drink because I don't like how other people act when drunk.

As for covering the taste with orange juice or jello or whatever, besides me thinking that it's sort of missing the point of drinking in the first place, it wouldn't do any good. I'm serious when I say I cannot stand the taste of alchohol in anything. You know how they say "you can't taste the alchohol" in some dish? I can, and I don't like it. If it has the least amount of alchohol in it, I can't stand the taste. People I know don't believe me and have even tested me on several occasions. They'll hand me some sort of boxed chocolate, I'll taste it and say,"eww, there's alchohol in this, isn't there?"

Seriously, I have nothing against anyone who wants to drink. I just hate the taste more than any other taste I can think of.

ps-I should amend this above post. There is one single instance where I don't mind the taste of alchohol, and that is in Bananas Foster, the greatest dessert ever invented. Even then, it has to be a very specific, very sweet rum, and in that case the large amount of brown sugar does indeed cover the taste.