Personally, I don't like a lot of kinds of alcohol; for instance, I am not a big fan of most (not all) gin, scotch, or brandy, but I like vodka, bourbon, spiced rum, a lot of liqueurs and cordials, etc.

Different alcohols have different flavours. Also, coming up with the right mixtures will cancel out any of the strong liquor flavours while leaving a good taste. A popular drink is the Long Island Iced Tea (most liquor for least money) contains equal parts vodka, light rum, light tequila, triple sec, and gin, with a splash of lemon and Coke. If made right, it tastes like a real Iced Tea, but without the liquor flavour. Most bartenders couldn't pour a good LIT if their life depended on it, so I wouldn't recommend you order one.

I think few people could honestly say they dislike a Margarita or a Pina Colada. Also, you might want to try something like Irish Cream (comes premixed half cream / half irish whiskey) or some of the schnaps out there (butterscotch, peppermint, apricot). The butterscotch schnapps, for example, tastes just like butterscotch candy. A mixture of 1 part Bailey's Irish Cream and 3 parts butterscotch schnapps makes a very nice beverage (add a small amount of Vodka and you have a decently strong drink called a Buttery Nipple).

If you say you hate the taste of liquor, you obviously haven't tried the right things. A lot of people don't care about flavour and just want to get drunk, or they've acquired a taste for straight bourbon. Go out and try a margarita or buttery nipple and see what you think.

Personally, I think I'm going to make myself a White Russian (vodka, coffee liqueur, creme) or a Whiskey Sour (bourbon and sour mix, with a splash of lemon and a few drops of angustora bitters). You can't taste the alcohol if you mix either of those right.

-Biscuits