Why am I not allowed to say that I found DS 9 to be mystifying crap

DS-9 and V were obvious technological progressions from the first two series, but were not creative progressions. The difference? Rick Berman had become the "Keeper of the Flame"
I'd like to reiterate my earlier statement that DS9 was mostly excellent. And the reason for this, IMO, is, even though Rick Berman's name appeared as Executive Producer on every episode, DS9 was Ira Steven Behr's baby, and Michael Piller's to a lesser extent, IMO. I actually bought and read the DS9 companion when my local station was showing reruns, and it's amazing how infrequently Berman is mentioned. It's usually only in ``can we do this'' instances. The majority of the production staff on DS9 were writers, and it shows. Not to mention that they managed to get a hold of most of the good writers from TNG (Behr, Rene Echevarria, Robert Hewitt Wolfe, Ronald Moore, Hans Beimler), while the simpletons went to Voyager. Importantly, Brannon Braga never touched DS9 with his stupid one-trick-pony writing. He was on TNG until it ended and then went to Voyager.

Another point is that there were a good number of excellent actors on the show: Avery Brooks, Rene Auberjonois, Armin Shimerman, Michael Dorn, and Colm Meaney. Of course, the rest of the leads weren't exactly great, but they grew into their roles well. But the supporting actors were often phenomenal: Max Grodenchik as Rom, Andrew Robinson as Garak, Jeffrey Combs as several characters, J.G. Hertzler as Martok, Louise Fletcher as Kai Winn, and, especially, Marc Alaimo as Dukat.

Anyway....

Can you tell I like the show?