Everything is smoother now with 7 coats applied, but I'm not sure you could tell the difference in a photo, so no I don't have any additional photos. There are some mysterious lines that have begun showing up in the finish that almost look like wrinkles from underneath. I need to find a way to get rid of them. Then I can let the finish cure for about a month.

I am using rattle can lacquer right now, just to develop my technique. It remains surprisingly soft for long periods of time. The Empeg in the photo above damaged the lacquer from the pressure it excerted on the still curing (apparently) lacquer, even after 2 days.

Although I didn't do it on the test piece, I am thinking of using Bondo auto body filler to get all voids filled in prior to finishing, but I am a bit concerned that it might not hold up to MDF expansion and contraction. Anyone know how much of a problem this is with MDF?

Price is tough to say. It's probably going to be too high for anyone to be interested in. I was thinking $100 each for black, but that might be a bit optimistic. We will see.

Stu