I'm not entirely sure how relaying works but I think this is what I need for what I want. I posted previously about using a usb switcher to switch between 4 usb ports on the xbox for a wireless controller receiver. I actually don't need this much. What I need to do is connect the receivers usb wires to all 4 ports, except for the red wire (power). putting the red wire from one of the 4 ports to this 1 red wire on the receiver will of course turn it on. So what I think I need to do is hook the red wire to a relay so when it is connected to one of the ports, it is disconnected from the rest and can be switched to any port. Also what would be idealy nice would be an led above each port indicating weather the receiver is active or not. I have 4 dual red/blue led's I would like to use for this, blue being normal, red being reciever is turned on. And a push button switch to select which the ports.

I can build a circuit of this type, but not sure where to start and if a relay is actually what I need. Any electronic engineers out there that can point me in the right direction and if I need a relay or other parts, possibly tell me which part#'s or with what specs I need to get? I diagram would be helpful also. If need be I can draw up a diagram ofhow I would like it to work and post it here.

Thanks in advance.