I just finished my install in my 2000 Jetta / Bora. with the factory Monsoon system. Here is what I found out:

The ISO connector works great with the empeg. However the ignition sense and the memory wire are reversed in the VW harness. I fixed this by reversing the wires in the empeg harness. A small pair of needle nose from the back of the plug worked great. best all no wire cutting anywhere.

The system has an amp in the trunk, which takes speaker level inputs, which means I could not use the stock amp. So I ran 2 pairs of RCA's up the passanger side, as well as speaker wire to the front doors from the trunk on each side. I also ran a power wire down the drivers side up thru a small gromett in the firewall right by the brake booster. (again no drilling or cutting)

The stock amp uses connecters that I've never seen. I made a pin out diagram. I'll post it if anyone needs it. Basically all 8 speakers come back to the amp. I doubt there are crossovers in the doors. It would make sense that they are in the amp. All speakers tested between 3.5 and 5.4 ohms.

I used some 24awg speaker wire with soldered ends flattened with a hammer (to make mini spade connectors) to tap into the end of the connector. I also added a 10uF capacitor to the tweeters. ( to act as a 6dB / octave xover) The tweeter and midrage from each door are wired together and run into the new amp.

Result, the thing sounds great. and I didn't have to drop any more money on door speakers. (but I did run the wire up to the front doors planning on it) and I didn't have to cut any wires, which means I'll be able to drop the OEM system back into place.

If you have anyquestions, drop me a note.. I'll take some pictures when I get a chance.

paul