Since we're now definitively past 2.0 final, I thought it might be time to bring up new features and enhancements we'd like to see for 3.0.

My big ones are these (I've brought them up before, but I'll reiterate):
  1. I'd like to see wendy filters filter out playlists that have been emptied of tracks by the filter. That is, if the entirety of Frankenchrist has been foltered out by the ``Granny in car'' filter, I'd like to see it remove the Frankenchrist playlist. In fact, if all of the Dead Kennedys sub-playlists are emptied (by the ``Mary Jo Kopechne in car'' filter, for example), I'd like to see it remove that, as well. To be more precise, if a playlist is a relative root node that has no leaf nodes that are tracks, then the root node should be removed from display.
  2. Configurable info screen. I'd like to be able to configure the info screen to display whatever data I want to see. Configuring this on the empeg itself is probably not feasible, so setting it up at emplode-time would be fine. I've proposed a syntax before, but that's not a requirement by any means.
  3. More codecs. I want to be able to play Ogg, and you've suggested that this is definitely a feature I'll see. But I might want to play flacs, too. Or something that hasn't been invented yet. It would be nice for there to be a documented plugin API so that the player can be extended by people other than you guys. It's not that I'm complaning about the development time you guys are taking. It has more to do with the fact that SonicBlue is going out of business and I don't want to see player development totally stall (whether it happens now or in the future). It's conceivable that we could write our own player if that were to happen, but I'd rather leverage the infrastructure you've already created.
Some of it's probably too late, as I'm sure you're well on your way with 3.0, but keep them in mind if it's not too late.