I think my 2000 V70 has that traction control slippage protection stuff. Maybe it's DSTC. Regardless, it is totally annoying and I turn it off immediately after starting the car every time I drive. That and the ABS brakes just cause the car to flip out when I least want it to. Like coming to a stop where one of my tires is on a wet patch of leaves, or trying to use the brakes while going down an icy hill (nearly got killed by that one).

> At least I got in on a model before Ford totally took over.

Now, I thought 2000 was the last original Volvo year. I was under the impression that Volvord started in 2001, with the ovbious body style change (which I still don't like even though my sister just got an '03 XC70).

I was always proud to have a 2000 V70 since it was supposedly the last true Volvo AND had worked out all the electrical issues of the 98's and 99's. Oh, and it's a manual transmission too. And I was lucky enough to find it used. Man I LOVE second gear tire squeal as I pass unsuspecting victims at red lights.