I never even thought about the fact that it could be a great (couple) activity with the navigator and driver! =]

No.

Not if you want to remain a couple!

Very few marriages will survive TSD rallying, particularly if the dominant partner is competitive by nature. Some of the most vicious fighting I have ever witnessed has been during and after TSD rallies. If you haven't done it, you will not understand the pressure and tension involved. You are both unbelivably busy, the driver scrutinizing both sides of the road for subtly misleading clues, desperately trying to remain on course. The navigator is reading the instructions, painfully deciphering each one and looking for the hidden tricks and traps that rallymasters love to include. One of the best examples I ever saw was in a section where the given average speed was 20 MPH. The next instruction said: "At sign reads in part "Hygrave", divide your present average speed by one-half."

I will leave it as an excercise for the reader to discern why setting the new average speed at 10 MPH was a bad idea.

My wife and I were the exception to the rule when it came to TSD couples and rallies. We were successful at it, finishing in the top 5 in more than one national-level rally. To accomplish this, we had one absolutely inviolable rule: her word was law. I was allowed to question any decision she made one time ("Ummm, are you sure about that?") and then whatever she said was what we did. No further discussion, no argument allowed, and no recriminations if things went wrong.

"The bad news is, we're hopelessly lost. The good news is, we're making excellent time!" TSD rallying is a very intense activity, not conducive to cuddly, feel-good moments with your significant other.

tanstaafl.