I totally agree with you Tony. I'm not much complainging, but I have noticed it specifically with Virve Pipe, and always with all of the songs on a "down-down-down" shuffle. Typically Verve Pipe comes up somewhere in the middle, but it's always every single one of the songs they have within a block of about 20 songs, with multiple ones next to each other. Currently I have 2161 songs, and it varys between 1300 and 2600 depending on my current "playlist" mood and what I have on it. But in every case, Verve Pipe always comes up in almost the exact same "pattern".

Of course, there is no such thing as true randomization, just a close aproximation to it. At least it isn't like WinAMP. On more than one Occasion I can start guessing the next few songs based on the previous few. I also have to agree that the randomization has gotten "better" as time has gone on. In the 1.x version of the software it was also pretty predictable depending on the seed the down-down-down shuffle got. Now it just happens to be with the few Verve Pipe songs I have that I always notice it on.

Sorry to bring up such a heated topic!