My wife's car is an '87 (or so -- I forget) Chevy S-10 Blazer... Now it's got a starter problem ... and a bad suspension problem

I'm sure this doesn't help, but I can empathize a little. I have an '89 S-10 Blazer, 2WD, 4.3L V6 with 176k miles.

Funny that you mention that stuff, because last year, my starter died twice. It wasn't very expensive to fix either time though (they claimed the problems were unrelated, although it broke twice within about 3 weeks).

I also have a problem with the front end. I've been told by one mechanic that the problem is that the pitman arm and the idler arm are worn out. Anyway the tires wear on the inside much faster and one of the tires rubs against the wheelwell if turned very sharply. Is that somewhat similar to what you are experiencing? If so, thanks, because I was wondering what it would cost to fix. My solution so far has been to buy cheap tires and rotate them regularly to make them last as long as possible... I don't have $1500 to sink into a vehicle that old...