Okay, here's the deal. I recently purchased a Lexus GS. I installed a 5 channel amp, ran power on the right side and signal cables on the left. Ground points on the amp and empeg are perfect and have been moved many different times. I bought a wiring harness so I didn't have to cut into the Stock harness. I installed the Empeg, wired everything up and I get alternator whine. I literally spent 20 hours during the weekend on it, and 4 hours after work on Monday and 5 hours after work last night trying to get rid of the noise. I can not get rid of it. I even bought this ground loop isolator from Car Toys to put inbetween my RCAs and I still have it.

Now check this out, I had a 3 year old CD Player sitting in my garage, so I grabbed that and installed it just to test out my system and I get No Whine At All! What's up with that?

I used to have my Empeg installed in my Durango and never had any noise issues. I also took the Empeg out and put it in my Mom's Accord and it worked perfect there. The whine is really frustrating and annoying. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.