I disagree about going for the throat. It's not because I think the seller deserves another chance - he doesn't.

Well look at it this way, he bilks 100 people out of "only 32 bucks." That's $3200 for him, and if no one follows up because it's only $32, he'll keep doing it, tax free... I'm not saying get a laywer, but don't be kind at his point either.

A long time ago before eBay and the www explosion, I bought a CD from a guy at U of Wisc. $5, sent the check, didn't hear from him after 3 months so I emailed the postmaster at his domain. In less than an hour the sysadmin called me and got the info and requested the paper(email) trail and assured me they don't screw around since the FBI investigated mail fraud through one of ther user accounts. He said he'd lock the user account until the student personally spoke with him. 3 hours later I got an email saying "Sorry I was out of town, I'll mail your CD today." Coincidence? I think not. I think he he learned his lesson, don't defraud people, and make damned sure you don't do it on your school/employer system if you do. I got my CD, Bad Company, 10 from 6. It was only $5, but it was my $5 and I don't like getting ripped off.