A couple of months ago I bought a Netgear FVS318 DSL router beacuse of it's firewall features and because it has 8 switched ports. Now, through Earthlink I pay for the static IP service (which is really nothing more than a reservation in the PPPoE pool based on my username.)

Since I bought the router it has been a nightmare! Bottom line is that at least 3 times a week it reboots itself (for no reason) and in doing so it grabs a new PPPoE address. It's really starting to piss me off!

To prove the point I plugged in my old Linksys BEFSR41 and, drum roll please, it was completely stable for a week. I even went so far as to have Netgear send me a replacement unit. No Change! Maybe Netgear's thinking is that this little "quirk" isn't noticeable to users who don't pay for a static but I've given up on them.

Can anyone recommend a decent -stable- DSL router with 8 LAN ports, SPI and decent logging? I don't particularly want wireless but no big deal if it's a WAP also. I'd also like to keep it under $200.

Any suggestion would be most helpful.