114f seems a little high for an idle CPU, especially for an Intel. Even with the stock cooler, that temp shouldn't exceed 100f. (I only have experience with P4's up to 2.8, but I can't imagine that the 3.2 is THAT much hotter)

When stressed, the CPU could go up to 120-130f, but that's about all I would allow. I believe the max temp is about 160f for an Intel, and with your 140f you're getting pretty close to that.

Possible solutions :
Use a good high quality cooler, like the Zalman CNPS7000(AL)CU. They're really great coolers, and they're very quiet too.

Use good cooling paste, like Arctic Silver 3, not that crap that comes standard with the cooler. This can make a lot of difference.

Thirdly, you can also try to lower the voltage of your CPU just a little. If you don't exaggerate in this, your system will remain just as stable and the temperture will drop. Warning : this is a last-resort measure, and I would recommend to try the first to options first before doing this!

If all that doesn't give you the wanted results, you should look for alternative cooling methods like water cooling or phase-change.