Greetings!

Well, I just sync'ed my latest acquisitions onto my labrat player. This time, I think I have gone over the edge. The audiobooks that I was sync'ing had lots of very small tracks on it, so I was adding about 1800 tracks / directories to a player that was already over 25000 fids.

Emplode crashed during the database rebuild. It went down hard and generated an exception. I am now checking the player - the database did not get created properly, in that the tags file was not created. I am going in (slowly, regenerating the database during boot is, at best, glacial) to see what was created, check the hard drive status (dirty or clean mounts) and to see if I can generate a stable database.

Once I get things stable, I will try another sync. I may have crossed that magic number of maximum fids - gone where no one has gone before (to my knowledge). More to follow...

Edit 1: The filesystems were clean. I am doing the non-recommended procedure of setting the drives read/write, running the player application from shell and trying to rebuild the database that way.

Edit 2: The emplode crash generated a Dr. Watson and a dump, if anyone looking at emplode wants it.

Edit 3: The manual database rebuild worked. No errors. I reset the player to read only, rebooted cleanly. Next up, I will try a small sync with emplode.

Edit 4: Emplode loads fine. Perhaps it was just coincidence, but I would rather document what happened in case anyone else gets this amount of files, or sees this kind of trouble. "All Tracks" lists 27066 items listed. All my latest files made it up safely. Configuration change (shutdown timer) had a successful sync. Looks good!

Edited by pgrzelak (03/10/2003 18:21)