I've got a whole bunch of Lucent/Orinoco gear which I've retired now. I'm now using Buffalo 802.11g equipment.

It all eems to work quite nicely apart from the fact that WDS doesn't work with WPA. It's a big problem apparently not just for Buffalo. I can get WDS to work fine but I have to use WEP instead which I'd rather not do. So at the moment I'm trying to get WPA to work properly under Linux and use to fake WDS.

Most of the 802.11g equipment is either a Intersil/Harris design or a Broadcom design and both seem to be fine with each other.

The Intersil/Harris cards are supported under Linux. The driver is a little flakey still but it does work. WPA doesn't work yet but it's doable apparently. The Broadcom equipment however will not work at all under Linux as Broadcom refuse to release any details on how to program the chipset.

Linksys equipment is also Broadcom based. It's the Broadcom APs that use Linux and is the cause of the outcry as they've modified the kernel but not released the changes and refuse to.