When I was a child, I always wanted a robotic arm. It was supposed to be controlled by a wired remote control, could go up and down and grab stuff. For some reason I didn't get it. I had forgotten about it for a while and grew up in the meantime. Today, a Conrad brochure was in the mail with pictures of this toy. Just like the one I wanted, only better. Awh, come on Thomas you're too old for ... Wait, there's an interface card that comes with it, I can program the thing. Cool. I was hooked.
After some more reflection I concluded that I probably couldn't stand the LEDs that go off every time a joint motor gets activated. Plus it's a plastic toy. As Empeggers we are all aware of the difference between men and boys: The pricetag on their toys. Hmmm... a metal arm, a fully programmable interface, claws with more bite and more than wimpish 130g lifting capacity. Maybe a small semi-professional industrial robotic arm? Now, I know next to nothing about (industrial) robotic arms, and I figured the technically well-versed members of this BBS may have a pointer to push me in the right direction. Any suggestions?