I suspect that Rio Marketing feel that they have never announced a 40GB model - I believe that was certainly the case with the press release and all the official media coverage. While it did show up on the web site it was quickly removed. You'll note that all conversation on this BBS is entirely unofficial.

I think it is safest to assume that there is no 40GB product. Of course it may be widely believed that such a thing does exist at least in the lab, but if Rio have not even announced it yet I wouldn't hold out hope of seeing it in the near future. Ultimately of course it is retailer orders that determine whether a product is viable or not.

This has nothing to do with commitment (or lack thereof) to the Karma. Right now the Karma is a 20GB product, and Rio is very commited to selling and supporting that product.

As for other "exciting announcements" that were hinted at on here by a Beta tester, I'm not entirely sure what he was referring to. Look at what Rio have today in their product range and base your purchasing decisions on that. The Karma has only just launched and is certainly not going to change in any substantial way in the near future (except, of course, for regular firmware updates).

Rob