Hi all !

Tonight I thought I'd try something that I've been meaning to do for a long time : encode one of my mixed cd's with OGG Vorbis so that I could enjoy gapless playback.

But somehow, things didn't work out and the tracks are not at all gapless. I've tried playing the tracks with Winamp 2.x and my Karma. Both play VERY noticable gaps between the tracks.

I've got a feeling that I'm doing something wrong, but I can't think what it is...

This is what I did :

1) I ripped the mixed CD with exact audio copy. Alle the files were named correctly with CDDB. Good, saves me time later on.
2) I went to www.vorbis.org and downloaded the OGGDROP encoder. A very basic encoder but it does the job.
3) After all the files were encoded, I fired up the lastest version of Tag& Rename and tagged the file by using the filename as a source. Again, no problems here.

Then I uploaded the files to my Karma and listened to them. Soundquality is very good ! But they don't play gapless. At all ! (gaps of +/- 1sec) What am I doing wrong ?

Note : I've tried the same with FLAC too. And although Winamp playback comes very close, it still isn't completely gapless. Karma is not gapless AT ALL (gap of +/- 1 sec)

Thanks!