I have been thinking about getting a pair of wireless headphones. I saw a pair at Radio Shack that operates using the 900 MHz band, but knowing what the reception and sound quality on my 900 MHz phone sounds like, I decided to hold off on getting those. I'm certainly not expecting audiophile quality, but I was thinking the technology *must* be good enough that wireless headphones can approach the sound quality of an average or above-average pair of wired headphones.

After some Googling, I found some favorable reviews of these wireless headphones from a company called Amphony, and since they use 2.4 GHz, the reception problems aren't as bad as with 900 MHz. The only real problems mentioned are conflicts with 2.4 GHz phones and 802.11b networks. I don't have a wireless network (yet) but I do have a 2.4 GHz phone. So I'm kinda torn as to whether I should take a shot on these. The sound quality is described in the review as "only acceptable" which makes me leery as well. There's a higher-end model but $250 is definitely more than I'm willing to spend.

So has anyone ever used either of these, or any other 2.4 GHz headphones? Any experiences to share?