Car & Home logo: Being rather simplistic of nature, isn't there a small program out there the allows me to edit these bit for bit without having to use stuff like paint shop pro ? Something along the lines of say ... oh nokia logo editor ? I tried it like Tony said and now have a completely white (all pixels at max intensity) custom logo which looks kinda dorky :)

When that happens, it's a palette problem. There's nothing wrong with the file you supplied, it's just that the logo converter software isn't correctly interpreting the palette. KOS's program was only tested with files created in Paint Shop Pro, which is why PSP files seem to work well.

What we really need is a logo-uploader program with more features. One that will accept more file formats, will show a preview of the logo, and will do the uploading for you. And while it's at it, it could also upload kernels for you if you wanted. Heck, it could even have an integrated logo editor built-in.

Hmm, I'm starting to get the itch to write this very piece of software myself.

One question. Hugo, if you're listening:

Is there a way to PULL the flash data from the empeg via the COM port? For instance, could my logo editor allow me to extract the logo from the Empeg, put it on the screen, edit it, and send it back to the Empeg without touching the PC's hard disk? In essence, being an Emplode for the flash?