IMHO, the gamecube is by far the worse one if YOU want to have fun as well. Most of their games are kid oriented and the graphics are cartoony.

The PS2 is pretty good. I have a friend that has one and I've played it several times. I think there are more games for the PS2 than any other console. I'm not totally sure about that but it does seem that way when I'm browsing the stores for games. It has the upper hand as far as variety goes.

Personally, I like the Xbox, which is the one I purchased. I had the chance to play both the PS2 and the Xbox before I made my decision. After playing the Xbox, I was hooked. The graphics are far superior to that of the PS2 and I like the layout of the controller better than the PS2.

If you're not all that concerned with graphics then you really can't lose with either the PS2 or the Xbox. They're both about equal but it comes down to preference. If you get a chance, I would definitely play them before you make a purchase.