Anybody else care to contribute?

After some time as an RN, research project coordinator, epidemiologist, systems analyst, consultant and network engineer, I am now a lead computer person for a research-oriented department at a large public university. Mostly (for now!) Windows desktops but 99% Linux in the core (anybody wanna swap OpenMosix stories?) My role is 60 percent "do stuff" and 40 percent PHB (there being no other PHB to take up the slack!).

At the tender age of 51, I was remarkably lucky when my previously-filed resume popped up in their search based on some keywords. My phone wasn't exactly ringing off the hook. In the irony department, it is remarkable that during my recent 3 years of private sector employment (with Lucent) I managed to post to the BBS all the time but now that I am a shiftless public employee I am reduced to posting on Friday nights! (this may change. The first two months on this job were the busiest of my employed life, but I can see a future where I will do things like go to lunch and post to a BBS!)

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.