Just get whichever suits you the best and run Girder. It can monitor keyboard inputs if you enable the correct plugin, and I'm absolutely certain you can do everything you're doing with your keyboard now and much more.

Actually.... probably not.

One of my requirements is the ability to create macros on the fly. I have one special key (the "/" key on the number pad) reserved for temporary macros -- I might, for example, copy a contract from one radio station to another where everything is the same except the rate per commercial has to be changed on four lines. Rather than change each line, I record a macro as I change the first line, then it's macro-macro-macro and I'm done. I do this almost at an unconscious level, and that "/" key in a typical day will get a macro programmed into it and then over-written with the next macro 20 or 30 times.

I tried a software solution once, and the process of creating a macro was so convoluted that it just couldn't be done on the fly. Use the mouse to click on the program icon to bring up the program, click on a tab to get to the macro creation area, click on the icon for create the macro, write the macro, exit the program... not useful. I create a macro now by keying in "Ctrl-PrgmMacro" (located right next to the "/" key), select the key which will contain the macro, type my macro, then press the "PrgmMacro" key a second time, and it's done. Four keystrokes, plus the macro itself. With that software solution, there was also about a 1-second delay after pressing the macro key before the macro actually ran.

I really think this has to be done all in hardware to be effective.

tanstaafl.