And I could turn into a thread about what a pile of crap EAC is and why the only reaon people use it is because it's free and because it has this mystical hype around it that leads some people to believe it provides better rips than any other software. And I suppose to some extent it does - if you have poor hardware. But the program itself is the perfect example of lack-luster user interface coupled with just the right amount of "feature-lack" where it counts.

AG's ability to create perfect tag data attached to a WAV and to act a batch encoding front end almost make it worth it alone. Of course it also provides perfect rips when using decent hardware at fast speeds. No need to (no time to) go out to the mall while ripping a single disc.

I just hope Jackie, the author, continues to develop the program now that he's not charging for it. It hasn't received too much attention in the past two years. Of course it doesn't have any significant bugs at this point, but a couple of promised features are still waiting in the wings.

Bruno