Loren, they're still gonna do Full Throttle 2, right? RIGHT? Please?
Well, that has a chance of being revived. It was killed due to team performance issues, not market. But with Sam and Max being cancelled... i don't see it coming back anytime soon.

The big problems seems to be the industry as a whole... with giants like EA, Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo out there willing to spend 5 million on a title and not think twice, as well as being able to sustain huge loses if a game bombs, it makes it exceedingly hard for mid-size companies to compete. If it weren't for us being under the Lucas umbrella and him bailing us out for 3 or 4 years in a row, we'd have been beyond bankrupt a while back. The A titles take a ton of money and time to produce, and the niche games don't make enough to cover their cost of production. That combined with it being the end of the console cycle with game sales down, and with everyone holding their money for Half Life 2, Doom 3, and Halo 2, it's just plain rough out there.

I'm not making excuses, because i believe there are ways to get games like Full Throttle and Sam and Max to market and have them be successful, but that's just me being an armchair marketing/manager type person. I'm an animator... what the hell do i know about market cycles and fiscal budgets.