So where did it go? I sincerely apologize if I'm still having a brain fart here, but shouldn't the '666' file be in /empeg/fids0/? If not why?
What version of Hijack? There's a bug, or at least missing feature, in some versions. Those versions only support players with all new-style (in subdirectories with "_") fids, or all old-style fids. If you have a mixture, it will conceal the old-style ones. If you reinstall 2.0-final, or install a brand-new Hijack, you might find that your /empeg/fids0 directory contains 256 of your fids (000..FF0).

It won't contain any more than that, because you got the original copy commands wrong and copied the contents of each of the /empeg/fids1/_nnnnn directores, in turn, into the /empeg/fids0 directory itself -- not into /empeg/fids0/_nnnnn directories, as the commands Mark suggests would have done. Hijack didn't eat any files; you copied each directory's contents over the previous one's, and Hijack merely conceals from you the final set of files you copied.

If you're issuing an "mv" command you aren't sure about, you can use "mv -i" and it'll ask you for confirmation of overwriting an existing file at the destination. (Mind you, that wouldn't help if Hijack were also hiding the files from mv.)

Peter