You will get through it somehow, we all do and yes, it will be very difficult, expected or unexpected. Enjoy everyone you love while you can because we never know when their time is going to end.

I lost my mother about 5 years ago and my step-dad 2 years ago. I lost my real father when I was 7. I've also lost 2 brothers, all of my grandparents, numerous aunts, uncles, cousins and a friend that died of AIDS many years ago. They all leave a part of themselves in you and later when the pain dies down some, you will learn to appreciate the memories.

I was lucky in the fact that I got to take care of my mother her last few months of battling cancer, it was very hard emotionally to do but she got her wish of being able to die at home. I had lost my job and my family paid my bills so I could do this instead of us hiring a full-time nurse. We became very close in that time and enjoyed it tremendously. The only difficulty came the day she asked me to overdose her and help her die, I just couldn't do it but she didn't hold it against me and she understood my reasons. My step-dad also got to die at home because we all took turns caring for him.

Death is a part of life and the older you get, the more loved ones you loose. Just don't dwell of that part of life so much.

MKI #017/90

whatever