Well, I thought I'd pop the pics up on Yahoo - easy and quick. See what you reckon. Maybe the more recent, or American models are different, but there is no bezel wierdness on a UK '00 Impreza - it is exactly the right size, and also the correct depth to make the empeg sit perfectly.

Bit of a tight fit behind for the wires, but the tuner fits okay behind the kickplate at the passenger's footwell. I'm going to pop my handsfree kit in sometime in the next couple of weeks and it looks like it should fit easily enough too.

Car Install Gallery

My home dock was a lot of fun too - ripped the insides out of an old AIWA VCR, except for the PSU. I had to replace the voltage regulator with a slightly higher voltage (up from an 11 to 15V, if I remember right) but it all worked out pretty easy.

Home Dock

While I was setting up those photo albums, I thought I might as well add one with pics from the Ratho climbing centre - Europe's biggest indoor climbing centre. The tallest routes are about 30 metres, and the difficulty ranges from a couple of 3's, up to a wide range of 6As, Bs and Cs, and some crazy 7s and 8s (not sure what that is in other ratings). As you can see, it has climbs even a 3 year old can use. (In fact I take my 21 month old daughter along as well, but she wouldn't hold still for a photo)

Ratho Pics
MkII, 80Gb SSD in dock