This seems to be a contradiction to the empeg-car, which was aimed at a small group of people.

If we could have sold 100,000 car players last year I would have been a VERY happy man. As Matt said, we're not small through choice, we're small due to commercial realities. Maybe that should be "were" small now

they will probably be spending most of their time fulfilling that basic mission; that is, designing technology which is commercially attractive(cheap) and is in reach of as much people as possible

Yep, that AND absolutely leading edge. The Rio Receiver is a case in point - it's very cheap, very good quality and a really cool gadget to have about the house. We developed the technology before S3 became interested, and if circumstances had been different the same product may have been developed with the empeg badge - and, unfortunately, would have retailed for at least twice the SP. Quantity does not have to come at the expense of Quality - we can reach a wide market with a high quality product. Take a look at a Rio Receiver and tell me I'm lying.

Don't take this personal guys, I wish you all the best of luck with this venture, but you will soon discover the nature of working for big corporations

Thanks, but actually we've been working with S3 for several months. I know the empeg image may seem otherwise, but we're not a bunch of kids fresh out of college - many people here have held important positions with influential companies. Far from being incompatible with S3, our team culture and values are essential to the deal - S3 know how we work, and it is our way of getting results that has value for them.

Rob