I'm having trouble which seems to have started around the 3.0a5/a6/a7 stage. Basically it's not always (probably fails 90% of the time) remembering my current playlist when I shut it down in the car. It also happens on AC power. It just reverts to some old playlist.

Weird thing is that it does remember the last playlist I selected so when I used Down, Down.L I get the last playlist I selected. BTW: Down, Down.L is also broken in 3.0a7 - it usually just enqueues immediately rather than just taking you to the playlist and allowing you to select where you want to go. Down, Down.L does work a bit better with 32MB of RAM for some reason but it's by no means 100%

Before anyone asks, yes my accessories and ignition wiring is good and correctly wired.

I've also noticed bookmarks don't seem to work either since I've been trying to use them to save my current playlists.

I'd prefer not to go back to 2.0 since I have a number of .oggs now and I think it will also erase any music metadata on songs played under 2.0. I guess that's the first step to prove it's a 3.0 thing and not hardware though.

Thought I'd ask since I haven't seen anyone else with a similar problem and it's starting to get quite annoying.

Ideas?
#40104192 120Gb (no longer in my E36 M3, won't fit the E46 M3)