I added some new music to my player at home using regular emplode. I created a new playlist called "new!!" and copied the album playlists of the new albums I uploaded there.

I got to work and realized that I'd forgotten to load a couple of them, so I downloaded them from home and uploaded them to the player at work. I also copied those albums to new as well as leaving them in the Artist/Album structure I usually use.

I believe I synched at this point.

I then realized I'd forgotten to order the top playlist properly (my alphabetization instead of the empeg's) and I did it to one artist playlist using the up buttons. I then remembered what a pain that was, so I took someone's suggestion to put the rectified artist name in the artist field of the artist playlist so that I could sort by that. I realized that I needed to put something odd in my "new!!" playlist, so I threw a bunch of "z"s in there. I reordered, synced, and everything seemed fine.

As I left work, my currently playing album, one of the ones in the "new!!" playlist had the artist field set to all "z"s. So I figured there might have been some running list corruption, so I went to select it again. I went to "new!!" and it was empty.

Back in to work, and "new!!" is colored red in jEmplode upon initial opening of the database. I don't know why. There is definitely nothing there. The album in question has had all of it's tracks' artist fields set to all "z"s. So have all of the tracks and playlists that were in it. The only odd thing about "new!!" is that it's set to randomize its contents.

This is a huge pain. Let me know if I can help to track it down. I don't really feel like trying to reproduce it right now.