My initial idea for production is to do one big run. Hopefully, that will meet any requirements the caster may have for minimum production sizes. Also, it seems hard enough to get one run done, let alone one now and another one later. And I don't mind having my money tied up in maintaining a stock of buttons. If they never sell, then oh well, my fault.

To determine the size of the run, I'm counting on past and present feedback and interest (in the thread over in General).

Another factor I'd like to account for is future demand. How much longer will the empeg remain the best car mp3 solution and maintain its critical mass of users? How many empeg users will buy new cars and need different color buttons? How much longer will empegs be sold to new users who may want buttons? How much longer will the illumination kits be available with and without install services?

My initial guess to all of this is "1 to 2 years". But the "how many" stuff will come from everyone expressing interest.

Any other ideas on these lifespan guesses?