> Now, I am curious why there is so little discussion
> on this board?

I've been wondering that myself...

> Is there no further development taking place on this product?

I've DEFINITELY been wondering that one. Anyone care to comment?

There's a lot of effort going on with the JReceiver server software, and I hope to add some new functionality of my own, at least as far as I can with the current player software. I've found a couple neat tricks that I don't think are documented anywhere, including how to create custom layouts (though I still haven't found the spectrum analyzer).

So, what exactly is the status of the receiver? I assume, with the HSX-whatever (can I just call it "Jupiter"?), that we'll obvioulsy need a receiver-like product, but I wonder if it might be morphing to be more like a plugged-in Riot. That'd be cool, as that's a great interface and screen.

What I really want, though, is a combination MP3 receiver (with a flourescent display), that also does video (with a more comprehensive on-screen interface, and easily hacked-into video streaming), so I can build my networked UberTiVo. Or just hook it to a Replay, if it gets close enough to my desired featureset.

Anyway, there's a little hacking going on, including some kernel hacks to provide volume control on line-out, and a webserver / java applet that lets you remotely control the device from any web browser in the house...kinda cool. It just doesn't seem like it's getting discussed a whole lot...

david.