You might not be able to help me with this, but I will ask anyway...

I now have my ME102 and Rio Receiver. I am having trouble getting the ME102 to work as a wireless bridge with my Orinoco/Linux based network. If you have any pointers or hints, they would be appreciated. Here is the setup:

My router, DHCP server and MP3 file server machine is a Linux box with an Orinoco silver wireless card in it. I setup my ME102 to be a wireless bridge (using the latest firmware upgrade that netgear has, 1.4H3) and gave it the AP MAC address of the Linux router/server and told it to get an IP via DHCP. It is actually able to get an IP address from the router/DHCP server everytime it power cycled. But then I never see any more traffic from the ME102.

I put my rio on the wired-ethernet end (via a hub and directly with a crossover) and its traffic never shows up on the wireless end. If I try to ping the address that the ME102 got via DHCP, it doesn't answer. I am currently using Ad-hoc mode with 64(40)-bit WEP. I ran a network sniffer on the wireless end and the only data I ever see from the ME102 is the DHCP traffic.

Do you have a similar setup? If so what types of hardware do you have running your wireless network? I am wondering if this is some sort of incompatibility with the orinoco drivers and the ME102 maybe due to Ad-hoc mode and/or WEP. I'm currently searching google for similar setups and help, but haven't found anything yet.

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide.