Hmm, you're right I'm not sure if I can help, I'll give it a go though...

First thing I would do is turn off WEP, I did this until I was happy everything else was working so that I could remove one of the variables.

Secondly, you say in one part of your post that you are running in AdHoc mode and elsewhere that you have the ME102 setup as a wireless bridge. I don't understand this, I thought the two modes were mutually exclusive. I thought the bridge mode required both devices to be in bridge mode.

Are the Linux box and the ME102 the only two wireless devices that you have ? If they are I would just setup the ME102 as a normal AP and use the Linux box as a normal client. This is what I currently do on my network as I only have my ME102 and a PCI card in one of my servers.

If you have other devices then I would try setting the ME102 as an AdHoc client, which I understand you can do with the latest firmware (or the WAP11 firmware which also works on the ME102 and is more advanced).

I'm afraid I'm a relative wireless newbie, so I don't know if this will help at all...