I am very familiar with the OneForAll remotes, in fact I swear by them in most cases.

I use a Radio Shack 15-1994 for my home theater, which is essentially a re-badged OneForAll Cinema 7. I've even gone so far as to do the amazing JP1 hack which allows me to completely reprogram the unit via a PC parallel port. So I'm intimately familiar with these products.

I don't yet own one of the RF versions, though, and hadn't considered that as an option until now. But you could be right, and I'll think seriously about going RF with it. Thanks.

I might have no choice, as it seems the IR filter material that David sent me did not solve the problem. The player still hitches and stutters because it's still getting random signals from the IR repeater when the repeater has the sun shining directly on it through the filter material. I even tried doubling up the filter material so the sun was shining through two layers of it, and it still wasn't enough.

I wonder if the problem is that the player just needs to be programmed to tolerate random IR commands better?

(PS: My Rio Receiver is not facing the window, it is already in the living room where it belongs, it's the IR repeater that's facing the window.)