Folks,

I have just placed an alpha version of tRio 0.1.3 on SourceForge. It'd be great if a few folks could give it a good trashing to iron out any bugs before it is released properly. In particular I'd like to know how it fares stability-wise.

Here is a copy of the change log:

1. Introduced a new "Jukebox" mode (contributed by Chris Campbell) - JReceiver only.

2. Introduced the concept of playback modes via a "mode" entry on player menu. This allows users to select between "Queue 'n Play", "Jukebox", "Radio" and "Listen" modes. Playback panel layouts adjusted accordingly.

3. Added shuffle and random support to "Queue 'n Play" mode.

4. Implemented playlist support for ARM users.

5. Introduced "track number" ordering for ARM users.

6. Changed the default tune ordering when "all tunes for artist" is selected from "tune title" to "album, track number".

7. Synchronisation enhancements:

7.1. All units listening to the same radio station are now automatically synchronised with each other.

7.2. Added "access" setting which controls whether a unit can be listened to and, if so, controlled by other units.

7.3. Listening units now have limited control over the unit they are listening to (if access="public").

7.4. Added synchronisation icons to show sync status.

7.5. Improved error recovery if synchronisation fails.

8. Line out volume can now be set to "fixed" or "variable" via the settings menu.

9. Performance enhancements which should reduce (and hopefully eliminate) skipping in HPNA set ups.

10 . Various bug fixes including:

- Fixed error causing drop outs during synchronised ogg/vorbis playback.

- Improved shoutcast error handling.

- Fixed bug causing some screen artifacts.

- Fixed problem where Receiver does not respond to power key after power off

I've updated the user manual in the /doc directory of the download, so you'll be able to read up on how it all fits together. Just open index.html and go from there.

And so if you are willing and reasonably switched on technically, you can download it from http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=72920 and give it a try. Please PM to let me know that you've done this and keep me updated as to how things are going.

Cheers
Paul

P.S. happy_hammer66, justDave, I managed to slip that line-out feature in - I think you'll like the way I've done it.

P.S. danman, I'll be having a go at implementing that time-zone setting for the clock application over the next few days, so this might still make it into 0.1.3.