I'm finally getting around to balling up the i-net streaming media program, and I was going to make it all nice and use the "upgrader" iso format to do the installing...

So I made a nice small batch (/bin/bash) file called "upgrader", burned it to cd and popped it into the hsx109. It recognized that it was an "upgrade" cd and asked me if I wanted to perform the upgrade. I selected "apply upgrade" and the screen went blank.

Now I can't boot, and had to take the hsx apart to remove the cd. The strange thing is that the upgrader batch file didn't do much of anything but:

1. run /bin/rw
2. set, mount, pwd > /upgrader_out

That's it!

Does running the "upgrade process" make some changes that prepare the hsx for a software upgrade? If so, I need to be able to figure out what it does so I can undo it, or find a different method for installing the program.

In the "games" directory, there were some files which indicated how to setup additional "games" (or in my case internet radio). Is there some method rio had built into the hsx to install games? I'm starting to think that using the "upgrader" path might not be the best idea.

Now I'm going to pull out the hdd and put it into an external drive reader so I can see what's up with the HDD.

Does anyone have any comments, thoughts or ideas?