I messed with it a bit last night, and I wanted to say that Mark thinks of everything with these docks. Some things I noticed about the construction:

- Cooling fan has an adjustment potentiometer.

- Cooling fan is mounted slightly loose so that it doesn't transfer low-frequency vibration noise to the casing. The thing is nearly silent as-shipped. Impressive.

- Felt stick-on "feet" included, but not attached. This allowed me to choose my own favorite rubber feet instead with zero hassle.

Incidentally, I was afraid it wouldn't be heavy enough to handle one-handed extractions/insertions, but with the sticky rubber feet I'm using, it seems to do just fine.

I did have one thing that I changed on it so far, though. Serial upgrades and flashes don't work because the power-on upgrade-listen doesn't happen without the physical switch on the AC jack being tripped. So I glued an unwired 2.1mm jack into the back of the dock and now serial upgrades work, too.

The wood is gorgeous and it matches the wood I've got in my home-office absolutely perfectly. I'm very happy with it.