I read about Deux Ex 2 and 99% of reviews said it was a dumbed down console game ported to PC. Lame inventory management, one ammo for all weapons, bypass anything with a multitool, short levels, not many gameplay hours, etc.

Since I don't have much time to game, I like to pick a winner (same for books, movies, TV, etc). Since Deus Ex 1 was a "Game of the Year", clearly I couldn't loose. But after reading Game Spy's "Game of the Year"s, not many of the big hits apeal to me. Luckily a new Half Life single player mod came out. That, Thief, Splinter Cell, and Metal Gear Solid should help buy me time until Half Life 2 comes out (and I get a computer that can play it).

And I'm not so opposed to violience in video games (no idea why I used the misleading title), I just love the idea of the non-lethal alternative and the challenge it presents. I must say, so far in my second playing of Deus Ex going 100% non-lethal, the game has been much different. Hehe, then I'll play it a 3rd time being 100% FULL lethal. It's a whole new game each time.