Hey all, it seems like 100% full aluminum buttons may be hard to create because of the detail. So, I'm wondering, why not try the "Farnell button cap" idea here.

We could use the round Farnell buttons to connect to the actual button switch, then cast aluminum empeg stock button "caps" to glue on to the detailed Farnell bits. You would never see the Farnell bases, it may decrease cost, and it would probably make the project even possible. But, then the buttons would be two parts, which I've been avoiding since day 1. I'll see what kind of response I get from casters.

In other news, the lit button quote is FINALLY ready and my first payment check is nervously waiting to be sent. I delayed the quote over a month by doing the colormatching first so I could see the coloration price before I paid (because I was nervous it would kill the project). The production contract says they will be done done done in mid February, but I'm assuming two extra weeks for unknown whatever to get in the way.

If you have any extra fingers that have not yet been crossed, then cross them now and hope for the buttons to be available and ready by the begining of March. Very sorry for the long time it's taken, but I work slow, and I needed to do most everything I could to ensure that this project works out just right! Thanks for hanging in there.