I live on a pretty busy main street in San Francisco, Geary Blvd. The corner my apartment occupies is at street level and is on the corner of two streets, where there is a stoplight, and is the last street before a short tunnel. I can't tell you how often, usually late at night, we hear cat free coffee can mufflers or street bikes revving like mad just before the light changes, and go screaming through the tunnel.

So just now I'm sitting here reading the BBS when I heard some guy revving insanely loud, so I flipped the shades up to see what was going on. It was a guy in his little banged out street rod covered in stickers, but oddly enough there was no one next to him he'd be racing... it was a Jeep Cherokee or similar. He kept hitting his rev limiter, a noise that just kills me to hear, but he just kept slamming into it and letting off. I saw the cross light turn yellow and was just waiting for him to burn his tires and fly off oh so annoyingly, when the green light flips... and he just sat there. I thought he just stalled out, but nope... he killed his engine. I was laughing my ass off. I watched him flip open his cell phone and his emergency flashers. hahah. Serves the guy right. He just rolled in neutral back to a parking spot and is pacing around his car on his phone. Good times. At least I can get some sick pleasure, after dealing with the noise for 2 years.