Quote:
Do you have your map files for your state and the master index (the usdir file) in the roadmap directory? When you try to toggle to the screen that displays the address information what if anything shows? It's strange it's not displaying any other errors- usually it complains if it can't find a map file or something.

Sorry for delay, I had to put this on hold due to work load and not enough free time. Thanks for the tips.

Made a bit of progress.
1. Re-checked all INSTALLING.empeg.txt instructions and installed exactly the same.

2. I don't think current location map was in /drive0/roadmap, duh! However, roadmap didn't seem to complain about lack of map. Re-loaded roadmaps for Western US States, AZ, CA, OR, WA, NV, and UT plus usdir. I'm currently in CA. Map for current location, 33N 59' 26.4" 118W 25' 49.5" displays on empeg. However, only a few streets and mainly weird polygon stuff are displayed. This was during 15 mile drive in the local area, West Los Angeles.

2. Read thru http://roadmap.digitalomaha.net/manual.html for info on preference and scheme file settings. I couldn't really identify how to adjust declutter to get more detail in roadmap. Sample config's are pretty limited.

2. Found a previous post indicating that:
** roadmap_file.c, line 70: cannot open file //.roadmap/trips/default
is normal:
"it happens because the Empeg doesn't have a writable hard drive."

3. Toggling to the address information screen displays:
City: Unknown
Street: Unknown
State: Unknown
County: Unknown
Rise/Set: (correct times)

How do I troubleshoot address screen not showing current location?