Quote:
You wrote it once, and quoted it again. It's the "rms" that makes no sense. In your theory, as soon as your current draw hits 480 watts peak, the fuses will blow. That's not the same as 480 watts RMS.

Correct me if i am wrong but you are saying that a 40 amp fuse with a 12 volt current must be able to give a higher output then 480 watts?

If thats you statement then you need to do a bit more learning before you get involved, no offense meant.

If not then you must be saying that what you think i am saying is that a 40amp fuse will only give 480watts, in which you have got the wrong end of the stick, my example was based on a 40 amp fuse and 12 volt power, which means a maximum output possible of 480 watts, the way to increase the wattage with the same ampage fuse is obviously to increase the voltage which i was using as a constant rather then as a variable.

In the "theory" i always use fuse ampage multiplied by 12 volts as the output to the theory is usually a very similar figure to the manufacturers rms rating at 14.4volts. This helps the theory to provide resonably reliable figures as the difference in voltage helps with the fuse overhead allowance (wiggle factor as previously called).

Quote:
And don't be so snippy.

--Dan.

I get "snippy" because the internet seems to be full of people who hear a interesting theory and instantly say that its BS, when they cant be bothered to actually spend the time to try out the theory, and lets face it they have the ability to find out wether or not it true using nothing but their mouse, fore finger and google.

I say to all of you, try the theory, if you believe it to be incorrect please PM me with your research that disagrees with it and i will read it, if i find that the theory works less then i think is reasonably useable i will be prepared to eat my own words and appoligise to all of you, but if you provide the disagreeable research be prepared to also have me provide examples of the theory working to you, and if we both agree that my research out weighs yours then i will also expect a post under this topic that says the theory works