Quote:
but it's all worthwhile when you land a job which...is also cool

And indeed it is. I had the most frustrating time getting lunch today, but I'm willing to bet I had the most scenic tour while being frustrated.

Basically the little cafe we have in the basement that the employees go to was closed. So, I had to go find a place outside. Keep in mind this is all on my one hour lunch break:

- I walk out of my help desk area about five feet and take the elevator down to the basement/dressing rooms.
- once there, I walk under the Eisenhower theater
- after I walk under the Eisenhower, I walk under the largest performance space in the building, the Opera House, and I can look up at the seating through the orchestra pit
- I see the "canteen" is closed, so I walk up to the Hall of States, one of two hallways in the building that is 60 feet tall and a couple hundred feet long
- I walk out of the Kennedy Center, across the street, and start winding my way around the Watergate Hotel (yeah, that Watergate)
- I get some Chinese food at someplace that Bob Dole always ordered from, and go back to the Kennedy Center
- I now have to find someplace to eat my Dole-approved Chinese food, so I make my way up to the top level where I know there are tables and chairs in one of the two large halls upstairs on the other side of the building
- "Unfortunately," there's a presentation in the hallway that connects the two main hallways, so I can't get to the tables. So, I have to go outside onto the rooftop terrace and walk around the outside of the building.
- the rooftop terrace has a panoramic view of both sides of the Potomac, so I can see all the trees on the Virginia side that surround the smaller city of Rosslyn, all of Georgetown (the school and area) along with its boathouses and such, the business-oriented NW section of DC, and lastly the monuments to the east and south

Well, that left me with about 10 minutes to eat my food, but it was freaking worth it! I'll have to take a panoramic shot of the rooftop terrace and add it to the "here's my view from the office" thread