Quote:
Yikes...I hadn't noticed that they did that. I have the original Cordless Mouseman Optical, and you're correct, it's in a perfect spot ergonomically at the bottom.

Exactly. I have the exact same mouse and I'm thinking that when this one dies, I'm going to buy about three more off ebay. It's the best one I've ever used (personal preference, of course), and purely because of that button placement issue, I don't see myself "upgrading." It's too bad, too, because it would just be great to have this exact mouse in a rechargeable version. I hate having to replace batteries all the time, but I'll do it for this mouse.

Quote:
The other top buttons are completely useless unless you take your hand off the mouse.

I agree. I personally tend to alternate which finger (middle or index) I use to to scroll, but neither would feel comfortable with those buttons on either side of the scroll.

Anyway, thanks for taking interest. I've got feelers out in a couple other places, and I'm still looking around, so I'll let you know if I find anything.