Quote:
scroll wheel click action mapped to open the start menu

Ctrl-Esc = open the start menu. Same as the windows key, but if you're fortunate enough not to have one, good old Ctrl-Esc; been in Windows since 3.1 and probably before.

Just an outside the box thought, could you increase productivity by decreasing dependancy on the inaccuracies of the mouse? You could use the 100% accurate keyboard shortcut keys.

If I had a nickel for each time I tried to launch a program, but missed the icon and clicked on the desktop, requiring me to click through all those menus again; well, I'd have some nickels. But using keyboard shortcuts, I can "Ctrl-Esc, P, C, N" (Netscape) faster than any mouse user I know; software enhanced or not.

I find it tremendously time saving to never take my hand off the keyboard and move it to the mouse. Shortcut keys can do more than you'd think. (except I haven't found how to edit the contents of a cell in Excel yet. Shift-Enter? Beats me...)