Quote:
Quote:
They said that a new licence was required if a CPU was upgraded.

Ah, now I remember the most important reason why I was sticking with Windows 2000.

Your most important reason isn't in the up to date EULA. So I'm not sure why Phil was told this.

In general Windows 2000 and XP share the same sticky bits of the EULAs. XP is actually a bit better in regards to the EULA due to remote desktop being a big component, where as in 2000, it was a server only component.

I still don't see why you don't go to XP. You spend quite a bit of time getting 2000 just right, including your recent hack of dll files. From what I can tell of how you like Windows 2000, you could simply get XP to pretty much do the same with TweakUI and normal options in the OS. With MS releasing more and more XP only content, it is only a matter of time before one of those components becomes necessary to play games.

While I see no real reason to upgrade to Longhorn over XP for gaming, I still will do so early on just ot get the upgrade out of the way and all the small tweaks done to the system. Because sadly, I don't think the Windows stranglehold on the PC gaming market will be lifted by the time Longhorn ships. I'd rather decide when to upgrade, not be forced into it by some new game I want to play.